(KNSI) – The St. Cloud Veterans Administration Health Care System encourages veterans to get a flu shot and offers multiple ways to get one.
The St. Cloud VA says flu shots are available at most scheduled VA appointments, at convenient walk-in and drive-thru flu shot clinics, and through the VA Community Care Network.
The VA flu shot clinics are for enrolled Veterans only and shots are free. Walk-in or drive-thru flu clinics do not require an appointment. Flu-shot-only appointments cannot be scheduled.
Veterans who get a flu shot outside of VA or the VA’s Community Care Network are asked to inform their care team.
Health officials say the 2021-2022 flu season will again coincide with the COVID-19 pandemic. Officials say a flu shot provides the best protection against influenza and helps reduce illness and hospitalization. Doctors say the annual flu shot is essential for staying healthy and is more important than ever during this combined flu season and COVID-19 pandemic.
Walk-in flu shot clinics are available at these locations and times:
St. Cloud VA Medical Center, Bldg. 96:
- Tues., Oct 5, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thurs., Oct. 7, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Sat., Oct. 9, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tues., Oct. 12, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Thurs., Oct. 14, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
VFW Post 936, 1102 3rd Avenue East, Alexandria:
- Fri., Sept. 24, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fri., Oct. 15, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Montevideo VA Clinic, 1025 N. 13th St., Montevideo:
- Mon., Sept. 27, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Mon., Oct. 4, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Drive-thru flu shot clinics are available at these locations and times:
St. Cloud Municipal Athletic Complex (MAC) Parking Lot, 5001 Veterans Drive, St. Cloud (next door/west of the VAMC):
- Tues., Sept. 28
- Wed., Sept. 29
- Thurs., Sept. 30
- Veterans with a last name starting with A – K are asked to use the drive-thru clinic from 8 a.m. – Noon, and those with the last name starting with L – Z are asked to use the drive-thru clinic between 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Brainerd VA Clinic Parking Lot, 722 NW 7th St., Brainerd (enter via Essentia Health Sports Center parking lot at the corner of NW 5th St and Jackson St.):
- Wed., Sept. 22
- Thurs., Sept. 23
- Veterans with a last name starting with A – K are asked to use the drive-thru clinic from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; those with the last name starting with L – Z are asked to use the drive-thru clinic between 12:30 to 3 p.m.
Flu Shots Also Available through VA’s Community Care Network
Eligible Veterans can receive free flu shots at more than 69,000 Community Care Network (CCN) retail pharmacies and urgent care locations.
Veterans can use the VA Locator to find a VA facility, in-network retail pharmacy, or urgent care location near them by visiting: https://www.va.gov/find-locations.
Copyright 2021 Leighton Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be broadcast, published, redistributed, or rewritten, in any way without consent.