The Healthy Elon Committee has announced coming changes in measures on campus.
Dear members of the Elon community,
As we prepare to conclude Spring Semester, we offer thanks for your dedication to the health of this community. Together, we navigated challenges that none of us had experienced before, and we greatly appreciate your perseverance in creating a vibrant and successful academic year. Please read below for upcoming changes in campus procedures as we continue to progress beyond the emergency phase of the pandemic.
For the remainder of the semester
- The indoor mask optional policy remains in effect. Please continue to respect the decision of those who choose to wear a mask and use good health and safety practices to support yourself and others through the end of the semester.
- Current campus policies regarding quarantine and isolation will remain in place in accordance with local and state health departments.
- Students, faculty and staff are welcome to drop in during normal hours for testing at the asymptomatic testing center in the Oaks Neighborhood (McCoy Commons 207) prior to Commencement.
- Sick visits and symptomatic testing will continue to be offered by appointment (no walk-ins) at Student Health Services and the Faculty-Staff Health & Wellness Clinic.
Commencement Week, May 16-20, 2022
In line with guidance from the CDC and local and state health officials, we will remain alert for any new threats from the virus as we continue to reduce Elon’s pandemic-related procedures. These protocols recognize that COVID-19, like many other illnesses, is still present in our community but at this time does not require the level of mitigation measures we adopted over the past two years.
The following changes take effect Thursday, May 26
- The Healthy Elon Committee and COVID-19 Data Team will suspend meetings, and the Infectious Disease Response Team will transition to lead preparation and response to campus health risks and monitor local and state viruses, hospitalizations, etc.
- The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will continue as the immediate campus response team in the event of crisis or emergency.
- Student Health Services, Student Care and Outreach, Academic Affairs, Human Resources, and other campus departments will continue to manage issues related to health and wellness.
Quarantine & Isolation
- The weekly email update from Vice President for Student Life Jon Dooley and the Healthy Elon COVID-19 dashboard will be suspended, with the Healthy Elon website incorporated into a new university health and wellness web resource.
- The Healthy Elon information line (x2020) and [email protected] email address will be suspended; calls will be forwarded to the campus switchboard. Student Health Services and numerous offices across campus, including Student Care and Outreach, Parent Engagement, New Student Programs, and Human Resources will continue to serve as information resources for questions.
Vaccination and Booster
- Elon continues to require students, and to strongly encourage employees, to receive and submit documentation of COVID-19 vaccination and booster.
- Requirements for fall semester have not yet been determined. New and returning students will be notified this summer via email about requirements and documentation for next academic year.
The Infectious Disease Response Team will continue to monitor COVID-19 guidance from health experts and be ready to reinstitute any necessary measures. We continue to develop recommendations, policies, and structures to support university operations and community health, in light of lessons learned over the past two years.
Good luck with final exams, and best wishes for a healthy and restful summer,
Jeff Stein, Healthy Elon Committee Chair
- Dan Anderson, Special Assistant to the President
- Ginette Archinal, Medical Director of Student Health and University Physician
- John Barnhill, Associate Vice President for University Advancement
- Jon Dooley, Vice President for Student Life
- Tom Flood, Assistant Vice President of Facilities Management
- Jason Husser, Associate Professor of Political Science and Policy Studies, and Director of the Elon Poll (Academic Council Representative)
- Deandra Little, Assistant Provost, Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning and Professor of English
- Paul Miller, Associate Provost for Academic Excellence and Operations and Professor of Exercise Science
- Kelly Reimer, Senior Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies (Staff Council Representative)
- Keren Rivas, Assistant Vice President for Publications
- Carrie Ryan, Assistant Vice President for Auxiliary Services
- Jeffrey Scheible, Associate Athletics Director for Compliance and Administration
- Kelli Shuman, Associate Vice President for Human Resources & Chief Human Resources Officer
- Gabie Smith, Dean of Elon College, the College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Psychology
- Mary Southern, Project Manager for Provost and Academic Affairs Operations (Project Manager)
- Randy Williams, Vice President and Associate Provost for Inclusive Excellence and Assistant Professor of Education