Nutritious Food: Skirt Steak with Baked Brown Rice and Broccoli
Wholesome Leftover Strategy: Steak Bowl
If you might be a meat lover, this is a food you undoubtedly require to try out particularly because the remaining item offers you a meal that’s correct all around 450 calories. If you prepare this food for each the instructions below and you should not insert on any unwanted things this kind of as soda, bread rolls, or dessert, then you will keep a wholesome portion sizing which is just one of the most important keys to getting rid of body weight.
As for the healthier leftover plan, if there’s any meat leftover soon after you and your family members consume, you can make great tasting beef bowls which will give you a medley of flavors even though at the exact same time be at a superb calorie measurement for a vacation lunch when at perform or absent from home.
– pots and skillet for cooking
– oven secure pan (with lid or foil) for rice
– 2 kilos lean skirt steak
– 1 32oz deal frozen broccoli
– 1 cup brown rice
– 2 tbsp olive oil
seasonings salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano
For Leftover Steak Bowl:
– 1 Can of Pinto Beans
– 1/4 diced white onion
– 1 bunch of cilantro
4 squirts of Tapatio (hot sauce) or other salsa if wished-for
1. If time permits, permit meat to marinate for 30 minutes – 1 hour in the seasonings you’re applying alongside with a 1/4 cup of water. Puncturing the meat with fork tines will genuinely make it possible for the spices to soak in.
*if baking rice, preheat oven to 375
2. For this meal the rice was oven baked but if you choose to prepare dinner rice in the standard way on the stove by natural means you may perhaps go that route. Because baking rice in the oven usually takes the longest total of time in contrast to the other objects, start right here. Applying two tablespoons of olive oil, brown 1 cup of rice on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes stirring often. Insert 2 cups of drinking water alongside with a few sprinkles of salt and pepper if preferred. Provide to a boil then thoroughly transfer all the things into your oven secure dish. Go over (or use foil like in this illustration) and position on the middle rack in the oven. Established kitchen area timer for 45 minutes for brown rice (or 25 minutes for white rice).
3. Even though the rice is baking, deliver 3/4 cup of h2o to a boil in the skillet you are likely to use for the meat. Minimize heat to medium and insert the marinated meat pieces. Cautiously flip the pieces just about every 4-5 minutes until eventually done.
4. In yet another pot, deliver two cups of h2o to a boil and incorporate the frozen broccoli. You may insert some seasoned salt and a tablespoon of butter if wanted. Allow boil for 10-12 minutes.
5. If you strategy on making the beef bowl leftover food, you may perhaps want to heat the can of pinto beans now so that when every thing is finished cooking you can quickly pack the leftovers into containers without having acquiring to do nearly anything in the early morning. Put the total contents of beans into a little pot on very low warmth and stir from time to time.
6. At the time all the things is concluded cooking, provide an ideal portion dimension of the meat, brown rice, and broccoli and take pleasure in!
Leftover Food Concept: For the steak bowl leftovers, aside from the can of pinto beans that you will include, you should also dice up a white onion and cilantro. Choose a moment to also dice up the leftover meat due to the fact this will save time tomorrow and also since most do not have a sharp knife at operate, this will make feeding on the leftover meal speedy and quick.
You can elect to blend the beans, rice, meat, cilantro, and diced onion items now or just put them into the container separately, safe the lid and retail outlet in your fridge. To add a little bit of zest to this beef bowl, a couple of squirts of Tapatio scorching sauce or your chosen brand of salsa will do the trick.